New from the Fit School
Fit School for Women Walking/Running Program:
Fit School Jump Start Into 2014 Virtual Challenge!
26.2 Life Lessons: Helping You Keep Pace with the Marathon of Life
Cami Ostman (author of Second Wind: One Woman's Midlife Quest to Run Seven Marathons on Seven Continents) and I have teamed up to bring together Cami's most inspirational writings and my best 26-week Walking/Running Program. Allow us to encourage you, push you, and challenge you to your best self! Click here to order.
Get ready for the new year! The Fit School Diet Plan - 1 Year to a Nutritionally and Physically Fit Life
A step-by-step e-book that guides you to health. By making one small change each week, you can change your life! Click here for more details. Change your life by changing your health today!
All the News for a Healthy Lifestyle
The Fit School Newsletter is a 36-week newsletter with the goal of educating you and your family about nutrition and exercise. With each weekly newsletter, families receive the following:
- Nutrition and exercise goals to work on as a family
- A kid-friendly, healthful recipe and shopping list
- A well-balanced meal idea
- The Nutrient of the Week: an explanation of the function of the nutrient, recommended allowances of that nutrient for different age groups, and the best food sources from which to get the nutrient
- A list of healthful snacks
- Health and Fitness Resources: Each week a health-related website, parent book, children's book, DVD, CD, or CD-rom is recommended
Cooking with Carol
Join us here each month for a new episode of Cooking with Carol, where Carol will be whipping up a delectable new healthy recipe for your family to enjoy.
This Month: Healthier Pad Thai
- Shopping List
- 16 oz whole wheat pasta
- 2 lbs carrots
- 10 eggs
- canola oil
- brown sugar
- lime juice
- fish sauce
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- peanuts (optional)